This recipe was adapted from Ambitious Kitchen. I adjusted it because there were a few ingredients that I liked a little better. Just my preference! 🙂
REALLY THOUGH. These should be a sin to eat, but they’re NOT. These are THE BEST muffins I think I’ve ever made, and they also happen to be THE HEALTHIEST muffins I’ve ever made. Uh-mazing!
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (you can also use greek yogurt!)
- 1/2 cup Milk (preferably 1% or skim)
- 1/2 cup regular or mini chocolate chips
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and generously spray inside of liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- Squeeze shredded zucchini of excess water with a paper towel. This is important, so don’t forget!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add coconut oil, honey, vanilla, egg and egg white; mix on medium-low until smooth and well combined. Add in zucchini, applesauce, and almond milk; mix again. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide batter into prepared liners. Bake 22-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. After 5 minutes, remove muffins and transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!