WOW. Is this good or WHAT? This is a great recipe that is healthy AND delicious. If you are like me and prefer to not have carbs for dinner, you can take out the sweet potatoes and substitute something like asparagus (also incredibly good with this recipe). I found this recipe on Bravo for Paleo. Shout out to Monica Bravo for providing such a stellar recipe!
Lemon Rosemary Chicken
whole 30 and paleo approved
Write a reviewSave RecipePrint
1/4 cup olive oil
4 chicken breasts
1 1/2 sweet potatoes, cubed
1 large lemon, squeezed
1 large lemon, sliced
2 Tablespoons rosemary
5 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add olive oil to a large cast iron skillet or to a roasting pan, and heat over medium-high heat. If using a roasting pan, you may need to use it over two burners.
- Sprinkle desired amount of salt and pepper over chicken breasts. Then place the chicken breast sides down in the pan. Add the cubed sweet potatoes, and cook in pan/skillet for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is browned.
- Turn the chicken over and pour lemon, rosemary, and garlic over the chicken and potatoes. Top with sliced lemons.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until the chicken is done. This varies for each oven.